last week, we took you inside the Manhattan outpost
here’s an in-depth look from our In Good Company
guru at what makes
our latest collaboration
“not just another pair of jeans.”
As far as we’re concerned, their classic, highly coveted jeans
set the standard for all others past, present and future. Here’s an up-close look at some of the things that make these jeans so special…
1. Woven on narrow Japanese selvedge looms (this means the edge of the fabric is along the outer seam of your jean, so they look better and feel better!).
It takes 21⁄2 hours to weave the fabric for one pair of jeans.
2. Hand-dated “born on date” inside each pair and lined pockets, so you won’t pull out a ball of fuzz instead of your change.
3. Hand-stitched leather patch.
4. The first company to use Riri zippers on jeans (usually they are on designer handbags and leather goods), guaranteed for life!
5. Custom fabric, designed by and made for Jean Shop…down to the yarn.
6. The narrow chain stitch on the hem creates the perfect amount of tension, so the hemline wears in perfectly.
(post by Tracy Rosenbaum)