The Close-up: Beauty Notes
sporting fresh faces and tousled locks, the models at our spring/summer 2014 presentation were the epitome of easy everyday beauty. sure, you may have to wait a little to get your hands on the clothes, but you can try this hair-and-makeup look right now. here’s how…
The Face: Minimal Yet Dewy
1. Prime skin by mixing half Laura Mercier Radiance Primer
and half Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation Primer
with moisturizer and applying evenly over the entire face.
2. Touch up with concealer where needed for a flawless, smooth finish.
3. Apply Stila Convertible Color
to the hollow of the cheeks and slightly lower to accentuate the cheekbones.
4. Brush on rms beauty™ Living Luminizer
in a C-shape, starting at the temple and working along the cheekbone for extra definition.
The Eye: Subtle Shimmer
1. Lightly apply Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Luminous Eyeshadow
in #89 Vision to the crease of the eyelids.
2. Brush rms beauty™ Living Luminizer liberally on the inner corner of each eye. Continue brushing along the top and bottom lid toward the center of the eye.
3. Curl lashes and apply two coats of mascara
to the top lashes only. Curl lashes again between applications.
4. Brush brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel
for a full look.
The Lip: Pink Pastel
1. Make sure lips are well moisturized by applying lip balm (we’re partial to Eucerin Aquaphor Lip Repair
2. Apply rms beauty™ Living Luminizer liberally along the lip’s bow at the center of the mouth.
3. Brush a light coat of Mac Lip Erase in Dim
over the entire mouth.
4. Lightly blot Troi Ollivierre Lip Color in #1, starting at the center of the mouth and blending outward with the fingers.
The Hair: Easy, Textured Waves
1. Spray hair with Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray
and blow-dry straight.
2. Separate hair either into a center part or a deep side part.
3. Use a medium-size curling iron to curl loose waves into the hair, starting below the ears only.
4. Use fingers to soften the curls and create loose pieces, then secure with L’Oréal Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Hairspray
5. Use a small amount of Kiehl’s Creme with Silk Groom
to smooth hair from the roots to ears.
6. Loosely tuck hair behind both ears for a relaxed, tousled look.
Pinterest fans, be sure to check out our Pinterest page
for a how we prepped for our show and some of our favorite looks.
And, as always, be sure to follow us with #jcrewnyfw on Instagram
@jcrew to see what we’re up to.
For more on our New York Fashion Week presentation, click here