1. Our photographer snaps one of the five looks Lauren Hutton and Mirabelle chose to represent their respective weekend styles.
2. A selection of shoes that were handpicked by Lauren and Mirabelle.
3. The hair and makeup station—where beauties come to get beautified.
4. Our camera-shy stylist, Gayle, looking chic as ever in a look we like to call urban hunter/gatherer.
5. Lauren poses on set while the crew carefully manages the atmosphere.
6. A final shot that made it into the feature.
7. Mirabelle’s amazing collection of jewelry, including pieces picked up on trips to India and Greece.
8. Images used as inspiration for the lighting, look and feel of the shoot.
(post by Ashley Sargent Price and Alison Griffin)
Our resident beauty and style gurus reveal how to get the look from our J.Crew fall ’11 press presentation.
“We wanted the girls to look fresh, clean and dewy…The skin was left almost bare with just a slick of polish on the cheekbones, the bow of the lip and the eyelids. For a soft flush of color; the lips were matted out with foundation first and then with a pop of pink or melon just at the center parting of the lips. The brow’s were filled in and brushed up for a totally natural look with the eyelids left almost totally clean…a warm shadow for definition and just a curl of the eyelashes with one coat of mascara.”
Give hair a fluffy dry texture with a slight bump at the crown, then gather hair into a ponytail keeping hair loose over ears for a pretty profile. The finishing touch on each girl’s ponytail was a J.Crew tortoise barrette!
Face: Laura Mercier Primer & MAC Strobe Cream.
Cheeks: Stila Convertible Color in Gerbera & Petunia for cheeks.
Eyes: Laura Mercier Rose Gold Metallic Creme and a slick of Vaseline with Mabelline Great Lash Mascara.
Lips: MAC Lip Erase, MAC PRO OJ & Genuine Orange lip pencil or Make-up Forever 18C lip pencil.
(post by Sarah Belhumeur and Gayle)