1. Dr. Zhivago
; Number one on our Netflix queue (worth it for the outfits alone).
2. Old-world charm—antique brass candlesticks
by Russian master Kazimir Malevich.
4. Smoky perfume
inspired by Russian tea (with a “hint of shelves full of old books”).
5. The only thing fancier than a raised pinkie—a teacup
from the famed Imperial Porcelain Factory in Saint Petersburg (est. 1744).
6. The ultimate foodie splurge: Russian caviar and chocolate.
7. Our take on the Russian ushanka (literally “ear hat”).
8. A forever favorite: NARS Red Square lip pencil
9. OPI St. Petersburgandy nail polish (best name ever).
, Mother Nature’s Ambien and Russia’s national flower.
11. Nothing says “I just got back from Russia” like souvenir Matryoshka dolls.
12. Crime and Punishment
, Dostoyevsky’s most famous novel (and our prop for impressing strangers on the subway).
(post by Alexandra Andrews)