we loved the clothes at our spring 2013 presentation, but the icing on the cake had to be the models’ gorgeous hair and makeup. we asked our beauty gurus how to get the complete look (and be ready for our close-up) in no time.
The Face: Flawless and Dewy
1. Prime skin with Laura Mercier Radiance mixed with moisturizer, then dab LMR along the cheekbones for extra definition.
2. Lightly apply a cream blush to the apple of the cheeks for a subtle doll-like effect (try Stila’s Convertible Color blush in Petunia—it’s sheer perfection).
The Eye: Watercolor Wonder
1. Prime the lids with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer, then brush white eyeshadow over the entire area (we used NYX Cosmetics’ eyeshadow in white).
2. To create the subtle watercolor effect, first blend a light layer of green shadow over the entire lid (try NYX Cosmetics’ jumbo eye pencil—it doubles as a shadow!).
3. Darken the color at the crease of the eye with an additional layer of color.
4. Heavily line the outer half of the upper and lower lash lines for even more impact.
5. Finish by curling lashes and applying two coats of mascara for extra oomph (we’re fans of Maybelline Great Lash).
The Lip: Stained Perfection
1. Moisturize lips, then prime them with MAC Prep + Prime.
2. Color in entire mouth with an orangey-red pencil (we like Make Up For Ever’s lip pencil—it stays on longer than regular lipstick and won’t smudge).
3. Apply a dab of Laura Mercier Radiance at the bow of the lip for a perfect pout.
The Style: A Sleek and Polished Pony
1. Use a straightening iron to create a pin-straight effect.
2. Brush hair back from the forehead and secure into a tight pony at the back of the head with a hair elastic.
3. Wrap a small section of hair around the elastic to cover it, and secure with a bobby pin.
4. Smooth flyaways and the ponytail itself with hair spray for a picture-perfect finish (we used Sebastian Shaper).
a sneak peek at the pre-presentation action
(All photos courtesy of Bryan Derballa)