we’ve got a pretty big style crush on Laura Fantacci, the magazine editor who also runs the daily style blog Wearing It Today, so we couldn’t pass up a chance to get a glimpse of her most recent (and totally enviable) trip to Capri and, of course, a look at what she wore…
Hometown and current home
I was born and raised in Florence, Italy, but moved to Kent when I was 16 to go to boarding school in the UK. I moved to London to attend university and have been living here ever since.Occupation
Shopping editor and freelance stylist by day and the blogger for Wearing It Today
by night. I think of the blog as my own personal magazine with daily inspiration from inside a fashion editor’s wardrobe.
A few must-see, must-dos in Capri…
1. Lunch with spaghetti sciué sciué [a fresh tomato sauce] at Lido il Faro
2. Sunbathe at La Fontelina
3. Grab an aperitivo (and people watch) with a spritz in the Piazzetta
4. I’m not one for swankiness, so stay at Hotel Luna
. (Ask for a seafront room.) It’s one of the few hotels that have remained truly authentic.
5. My whole family has been buying sandals from Schettino for generations. You should go for the simplest, chicest shape in tan or black leather with two straps. You’ll love them forever.
6. A friend of mine has a great travel site called An Affair with Italy
—I rely on her tips wherever I go.Anything you can’t travel without?
So many things! I love clothes too much to ever be a light packer! My top five must-pack items would be: a great one-piece swimsuit, a fabulous pair of flats, a stripe top, a day-to-night dress and a carryall. Where are you off to next?
I’m going to the island of Elba, off the coast of Tuscany. It will be a very relaxed holiday with my sister and our children.
Photography by Julie Adams.